Pages

Monday, April 30, 2012

Just Dabbling

 My sister gets married in May. I get to do a lot with the wedding. And the reception. And the rehearsal dinner, and the family party after the church reception. I get to do the decorating--and the flowers. With help--I think. She is using orange ranunculus. 


Aren't they pretty?

But I haven't been doing much upcycling. Just dabbling a bit here and there.

I have been doing a little experimenting, though. See, I've been dying to try the chalk paint that everyone else tried last decade. 


So yes, I know I'm behind the times. But that's partly because I keep trying to make there be enough left in the grocery budget to be able to afford the distressingly-expensive quart of that stuff. And since that still hasn't happened, the next-best alternative was to make my own.

So soon, I'll tell you how it went. And show you what I made. And tell you how I liked it.

And someday soon, I'll buy the real stuff and try it.

No comments:

Post a Comment