Pages

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Upcycled ham

No, I am not turning this into a food blog. For one thing, I use ingredients like mayonnaise and the occasional boxed cake mix, and every one of the ingredients I use has a normal-sounding, easily-pronounceable name. That is not "foodie" enough for a food blog.

For another thing, there are plenty of amazing food blogs already out there, that have a real live purpose, like this one here, where a friend of a friend shares outrageously good recipes that cut the calories. Genius.

Also, as I have said before, this is a mercenary blog to sell furniture, not to share mediocre food recipes that you could have found better versions of on the internet.

This is just a post about how to use up some of that leftover Easter ham. Unless you had lamb for Easter, in which case I can't help you.


Welcome to Ham and Sweet Chili Sauce Sliders. I came up with these to combat making more ham and scalloped potatoes or split-pea-and-ham soup. My husband can only take so much.

You can use any type of small roll or bun. I used Walmart water rolls which I buy on clearance right before they go stale and moldy, and I freeze them until I have to make up a recipe to save them from freezer burn.

Slap some mozzarella cheese on one half of a bun and top the other half with some leftover ham slices. Drizzle the ham with a little sweet chili sauce, available at your friendly Asian grocery.

Then toast for a few minutes until the cheese is all melty. And top with some easy slaw: shredded cabbage, a tad bit of mayo, a dash of vinegar, and sprinkles of salt, pepper, and a little sugar.
An easy way to dress up the whole leftover ham deal. I bet its loaded with calories and sodium, but it makes a pretty quick, easy dinner=)
More furniture coming soon, I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment