Pages

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Birthday Surprises

So, this is what my husband surprised me with for my birthday:


Don't be a hater. I know it's weird. I've been stalking this thing in a sketchy little antique/junk shop in Greer for five years now. It's been buried--literally--under so much junk that no one else ever noticed it. I would go in a couple of times a year and the lady would say, "You're here to see the couch, aren't you?"


This is what I love about it:
--the carved detail on the legs
--the raised pattern on the fabric
--the style. It's ornate but not fussy. Mildly over-the-top but not outrageous.



It fits the style of our new stone cottage perfectly. Nevermind the fact that we don't yet have a rug, and the walls are a decided shade of light puke, and the original frothy curtains are still on the door. I have my couch=)

4 comments:

  1. I love it, Charis! and I need to come see your cute new cottage:).

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many things to say:
    1. You are hilarious!
    2. I've seen the couch, and these pictures don't do it justice. It's a show-stopper.
    3. If I come over and help you cover up those "light puke" colored walls, will you come help me cover up 1980's bridesmaid's dress seafoam green colored walls?? :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sofa was made for your house....it's perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you finally were able to get it! That sweet lady will probably miss you coming in to the store; you probably made her day, those 2 times a year.

    ReplyDelete