Pages

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Vintage Chic


In between all the moving insanity, I squeezed two upcycles in. Quite honestly, they were welcome respites from the craziness. I would sneak away and do a little painting or some glazing to calm my Nervous Wreck tendencies.


My client, a new friend who saw Karen's coffee table on this blog, requested a similar style.

This coffee table is the typical vintage 70's throw-away piece that everyone is dying to get rid of...until now! This is one I had in my furniture stash available for upcycling:


With a base coat of white covered with a heavy burnt umber glaze, those details just pop. And this client has THE PERFECT ROOM for it--I wish I could do a blog post about her whole room...


Then she found a cedar chest--because who doesn't need a good blanket chest for these cozy evenings coming up?!--and I turned it navy with a heavy gray glaze. Well, it was a little too blue at first, so I reglazed it with custom navy and black glaze. That's why it's fashionably situated on a drop-cloth:


A very fun upcycle and a very sweet and VERY patient client. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment