Pages

Sunday, November 4, 2012

Sweet Cream #2



Here's another creamy dresser I did to match one in a recent post. As the mismatched look is agreeably in right now, my client and I found two similar-but-not-matched pieces for her daughters' room.



The hardware needed some desperate updating, so this tall dresser got a makeover in wrought iron.


It's great what you can find these days at Hobby Lobby. I'm seriously considering buying shares in that store since I'm pretty sure I'm responsible for a heavy amount of their financial success.


I used a creamy marshmallow-hued paint on this chest, added some strategic distressing, and topped it with a burnt umber glaze to give it back its aged look.


To give you a better idea of what we had to work with, here above is the before picture. The chest was solid, needing some minor repairs to the drawers and tracks which I heartily took on Brian accomplished for me. And the hardware had seen better days, presumably during that troubled time when bright brass had its distressingly long reign of glory. The new wrought iron over the creamy white definitely adds a dash of drama and whimsy.


Thanks for stopping by!


No comments:

Post a Comment