Pages

Friday, March 27, 2015

Fun and Whimsy



I'm ecstatic about this super cute dresser upcycle. Not that I can take any design credit--my friend and client was looking for a statement piece for her son's playroom. She chose the colors and had the vision for those precious polka-dot knobs!

This is what she brought me--an older vintage dresser of her husband's:




She was decorating the playroom with some great art pieces and a playful IKEA orange polka dot rug...

Source


 We matched that fantastic turquoise hue to a colorful map of the USA...

Source


and ordered the perfect polka-dot knobs which took two months to arrive.

But it was worth it.


Sometime I plan to get pictures of the whole room so you can see how this piece accents all her other playroom decor. Also, I might see if I can just go ahead and get pics of the rest of her house, because it's pretty fantastic. 

I did the aqua over a white primer and distressed the white through. The aqua was a tad bright on its own, so I toned it down a couple of shades with a charcoal glaze. 


The drawer pulls had to be reformatted to fit those adorable knobs, but the wood filler and sanding was all worth it. This color combo is just perfect.


Can't you just feel the whimsy? 

Thanks for stopping by!





No comments:

Post a Comment