Pages

Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Hollywood Glamor


This vintage bedroom suite is the real deal, folks.

One of my dearest friends brought a tall dresser, a headboard, two nightstands, and a rather bewildered face to my house, where we talked through how to best give these pieces a new life.

They were the quintessential Hollywood Regency look with the original speckled yellow finish and brass hardware. 


Her parents gave her first pick of a couple different bedroom sets. Being the generous, heart-of-gold person she is, she let her siblings choose what they wanted first. She got left with the banana yellow set. Because, who wants that as first pick?

I sure do. Have ya'll seen what these sets go for on ebay and etsy?



Speckled yellow gave way to lacquered glossy white. And since Charise isn't much of a bling girl, I toned down the brass with a milder silver-champagne hue.



I plan for her to will me this set when she dies.

She was kind enough to let me show off a couple of pics of the rest of her room. The new pieces blend with her eclectic, colorful style so nicely...


I take back what I said a while ago about gallery walls. I've recruited her to come help me when I format mine.


And her cozy reading nook with the coolest clock ever.


And did I mention that she made this bedspread to coordinate with her new furniture? 

I always cherish working on heirloom pieces like this for my friends. I hope you enjoy this set for years to come, sis!







2 comments:

  1. Lovely! Add a blue color on the wall and it would be simply exquisite. Great job, Charis! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. She did awesome, didn't she?! I'm actually contemplating adding a sheer navy blue and sheer aqua blue curtain to the window to tie the whole thing together...

    ReplyDelete