Pages

Sunday, June 10, 2012

Brush in Hand

Furniture is stacked almost to the ceiling in my carport. If we lived in a more upscale neighborhood, I'd be embarrassed. As it is, we just look like we're holding a perpetual yard sale. But I've been too busy with my little sister's wedding to do much transforming. 

See the cute little stool she's standing on to be tall enough to kiss her new hubby? The one that's mostly hidden under her dress? It's from Hazelnuts=)

Then we needed a vacation to wind down from the wedding, so we went here.

 But that wasn't enough, so we went to the mountains for a week. Which, mercifully for you, I don't have pictures of, because I forgot my camera. So here's a picture of what you are actually here for--a sneak shot of what's coming next...


I purposefully chose the most unflattering picture of this vintage solid wood end table in order that the reveal will be that much more delightful--a technique known as Clever Marketing, I believe. This is my second go-round with homemade chalk paint and I'm loving it much better now that I've had a chance to modify my own recipe a bit. The texture is silky and the look is dreamy.

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see the finished product and I'd really love your chalk paint recipe, unless it's top secret ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love for you to have the recipe, Lauren! I'll email it to you soon!

      Delete