Pages

Friday, June 22, 2012

Vintage Coffee Table


This Transformation was a copy I did of my own coffee table. A friend kind of liked how mine turned out, so I laboriously sat at home on my couch until one of my many furniture spies texted me and reported this piece:



Which is hideous '70s and is exactly what no one but me wants anymore. Perfect. Had my friend Elizabeth stayed home to write instead of venturing out to yard sale, I might still be sitting laboriously on my couch. Personally, the broader scope of mankind would have been greatly enlightened and amused by another post released by the said Elizabeth, but instead she took her time to facilitate this:


 Which mainly only benefited, enlightened, and amused Austin and Karen instead of the broader scope of mankind. Thankfully, Elizabeth continues to blog with delightful creativity and whimsy, and Austin and Karen have a coffee table.

This solid wood piece received its transformation with a white homemade chalk paint under a walnut glaze. It received a moderate amount of distressing that was about to become a heavy amount until Hurricane Hazel was apprehended and reassigned.


I added some very light seafoam accents to the front doors for a little color and repurposed the amazing original door pulls though I really wanted to keep them for myself...


And baskets are always cute and practical, though the table is also very stylish without any additions...


I did this piece during an upcycling party at my house and later will show some pics of what my adventurous friend did with a retro end table and a can of coral paint.

Happy upcycling!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! It turned out beautiful. I can't believe it's the same table. Thanks for giving me so much credit - but perhaps it should be noted that this yard sale was in my own neighborhood, and I found that coffee table four doors down from my own. That is about how far I venture. :)

    ReplyDelete