Pages

Saturday, June 16, 2012

Oven Over Brush


I didn't finish my end table this weekend. My beloved little too-young-to-be-grown-up sister-in-law got engaged last night--yay!


So I baked a rosette cake for her engagement party. Chocolate and strawberry layers with cream cheese buttercream frosting--yum=)


Then I did my first baby bump cake for my dear friend Candice's baby shower. Fondant makes me nervous, and it also tastes perfectly disgusting, so I put a generous layer of vanilla buttercream underneath that deceptively smooth white dress...


And we needed some fruit salad...


So that's why my end table didn't get finished. And why I'm relaxing on the couch while Hurricane Hazel watches Elmo and while I upload pictures and sip lemonade. It was a delightful couple of days spent with family and friends, both old and new=) Congrats to Tim and Emily, and to Candice and Ben!

No comments:

Post a Comment