Pages

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Catching Up


 New Baby is due in just a few weeks. Along with like ten other babies at church who are all coming within just a couple months of each other. Poor nursery workers. So I've been doing baby bump cakes instead of painting. And participating in the Great Zucchini challenge chronicled here.

Zucchini and feta scones
I don't do the whole pregnancy thing very well. I have memories of my mom effortlessly popping a new baby out every few years or so, with very little said between the time-span of the noticeable bump and the arrival home from the hospital with another sibling. No big deal, this scenario implied.


Whatever. Let's just say that this complication-riddled nine months shut down all painting, glazing, creativity, and decent home life. But there's light at the end of the tunnel...

So now that I'm roughly the size of a mature cow (as in female whale), I'm back to the business of adding touches of color and whimsy.

My first projects are pieces for our own little stone cottage. I've been looking for a depression-era buffet for almost a year. This is what I'm starting with:

Don't be sad that I'm going to paint over the pretty wood.
The veneer is too damaged to salvage


This is going to be our new TV stand in the new room we are creating:


I'm not normally the biggest fan of mid-century modern, but I feel like a piece here or there really complements so many other looks. Imagine it in coral. At least, that's what I'm imagining for now. Then there's a little vanity for Hurricane Hazel's new room:



A lot to do in the next few weeks. At least I finally finished Hurricane Hazel's toddler bed so New Baby has a crib to come home to:

"Mommy, I a big girl now!"
And I've got a stash of available pieces that are ready for some love and a new home--if you are ready for a new-to-you piece of furniture, let's see if we can find you something that you love!

Thanks for stopping by!



1 comment: