Pages

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Any-Fruit Bread


I know this is a mercenary furniture blog, but I’m including this recipe post because I need it online so I can pin it to my tastebuds board, and because it’s so good that it needs to be shared.

It’s a recipe from an old friend and it merges great taste, creativity, and practicality. Too many pears? Make some Any-Fruit bread. Mushy bananas? Throw them in, too. Try some berries, or some nuts. It turns out lovely every time. At least, so far=)

My favorite combination is banana with chunks of apple and raisins.

Have fun switching up the recipe with pretty much any soft or high-water-content fruit--apples, bananas, pears, pumpkin, zucchini, winter squash, mango, papaya, peaches, blueberries...you get the idea.

Notice there are only two pictures of the process: the finished product, and a piece I am about to eat. I figure you’ve seen enough baking tutorials to know what a mixing bowl is and what it looks like to sift dry ingredients in a pretty bowl with the sun shining just right. Besides, this is a furniture blog, not a food blog. Go visit Ree’s stuff if you want pretty pictures…




Tricia’s Any-Fruit Bread
1 to 1 ½ c. sugar (depending on how sweet your fruit is)
½ c. oil
3 eggs
2 c. flour
1 ½ tsp cinnamon
½ tsp allspice
½ tsp nutmeg
1 tsp baking soda
3 c. fruit, mashed or chopped (apples, bananas, mangos, peaches, pumpkin, pears, etc)
½ c raisins and/or nuts

Mix all ingredients together for 30 strokes or until thoroughly mixed.
Bake at 350 degrees in 2 greased loaf pans or a greased 9x13 pan (my preference for cake-like bars) until top is firm and toothpick comes out clean, approximately 40 minutes.

Warm or room-temp, it's always delicious!
Thanks for stopping by!




1 comment:

  1. Now that I'm retired, and have the time, I'm making raw coconut oil from our nuts and using that in my yeast and quick bread recipes: even yummier!
    Aloha,
    Tricia

    ReplyDelete