Pages

Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Beginning Again

Recently, I did a couple of small projects for a good friend. She's had me do several other pieces in the past, and it's always nice to know that your work is making people happy enough to come back rather than so alarmed that they switch to outfitting their homes entirely with Ikea furniture.

Nothing against Ikea. But pieces like this need to be given a new beginning!


She envisioned this old magazine side table as a perfect addition to her front porch. Her aqua color choice inspired another client to redo a dresser in the same color, and this project inspired me to completely revamp my tired side porch. 


I distressed the aqua down through the primer to the dark wood, and sealed the table a few times to help protect it at its cheery new station outside.


I love how she has it set up!

I didn't take before pics of the pair of end tables she brought me, but they had nothing much wrong with them except for being blah and being guilty of having a honey-oak outdated stain on their tops.

Easily remedied:


The pedestals were redone with a light green and highlighted with a stained glaze.



I restained the tops with a custom mix of dark walnut with some added red mahogany for warmth. These pieces had beautiful details in the veneer that were highlighted with the new stain.


I should have taken pics of what I've done to freshen up the porch, since that little end table was what initially inspired me, but I don't shine at blogging in a human interest sort of way. So here's a couple of pics of my cute kids instead. That should count as human interest:




Thanks for stopping by!








No comments:

Post a Comment